Friday, November 21, 2008

Band logo poll

I realize that my band isn't quite to the selling merchandise stage yet, but I figure it's always good to look ahead. If you notice off to the right hand side of your screen there is a poll you can take. I would appreciate your input. These are all first drafts. The end product may not look anything like these ones. If you have any additional comments, please let me know.
In related news, we are beginning work on a demo cd tomorrow. Be sure to look for that soon. And as always you can keep track of us on myspace.

2 comments:

glassblowerscat said...

I don't at all dig the one that involves "The Thinker." It's overused.

#2 and #3 involve black text over red background, which is not enough of a value contrast to be easily readable.

I like the concept of schism in #1, but I don't really dig the circle around the red and black pieces. I think it would be cool to straighten the red and black out a little to more closely resemble a split oval (horizontally-oriented), then overlay the band name in white, which would be a good contrast.

Just initial thoughts.

Steven said...

Excellent points. Thank you!