Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Mountain Biking 10/21

Yesterday I rode some more trails here on base after work. It was a great time. The weather is starting to get cold though. That means I have limited time left this year to get in more runs. I'll have to switch to snowboarding. The thing with snowboarding though, is that it gets expensive.

Heartbreak Ridge huh? We'll see...


About 20 minutes into my ride, my chain slipped completely off of the gears. It's not a big deal. It was a quick fix, but it was quite annoying. I'm getting that fixed soon. This is a picture of what your front gear is NOT suppose to look like.

And this is what your derailleur is NOT suppose to look like.


These trails really keep in interesting. It's not just a flat path in the woods. You really have to stay alert.


This obstruction popped up around a corner as I was still smoking from a hill.


Moguls for a mountain biker.


I love being out in the woods. It's so peaceful, especially when I'm riding alone.


This was a FUN trail. Long, windy, and downhill. I like downhill.


Sometimes I forgot I was in Northern Virginia.


If you ride these trails and happen upon this overhanging branch, and think you can duck down and squeeze under it... you'll be wrong. Unfortunately I now know from experience. Maybe that's what the red marker on the tree means.


Wow. Perspective is everything sometimes.

No comments: